Board of Directors
- Pete Miller, President. Pete has lived in Irving and the Nichols Park area for the past 20 years. He and his wife of 30 years have two (adult) children. He runs his own music services business.
- Marion Courtney, Vice President. Marion is retired from D/FW International Airport after 30 years of serving as a Police Officer/ Firefighter/ EMT. He has been a resident of Irving and Nichols Park for 35 years plus. He now enjoys being at home with his wife Johnetta who owned and operated a Florist for 15 years in Irving. They also enjoy old Antique cars and their car clubs.
- Eileen Parks-Secretary
- Richard Wilson, Treasurer. Richard has lived on North Britain for 18 years. He is the owner of a contemporary furniture showroom in Dallas. Richard is an active member of Episcopal Church of the Redeemer and enjoys being involved in community activities and with area politics. He has regularly served as an election judge in Precinct 4628 over the past 10 years.
- Dena Smith, Communications. Dena and her husband, Brian, have been Irving residents since 1995 and in Nichols Park since 2003. Together they own and operate a remodeling business. Dena is a real estate broker and owner of DSmith Realtors.
- Brien Perkins, Communications. Brien is a 45 year resident of Irving and 24 year resident of Nichols Park. He graduated from MacArthur High School in 1975. He went to Northlake College and graduated from the University of North Texas in 1990. In 2004 he got his MS Ed from UNT. He’s been teaching for 15 years with Irving ISD. Currently he is a teacher at Union Bower Center for Learning. In 2002, he married Kathy, the most wonderful woman to be blessed to spend his life with. He plans to retire from teaching in 5-6 years and retire in Sun City West, Arizona, because it’s just not hot enough here in the summer. He believe this is one of the best neighborhoods in Irving to live in.
- Jana Whaley, Crime Watch Coordinator. Jana, an Irving resident since birth, has lived in the Nichols Park area with her husband Jeffrey since 2001. She enjoys spending time with her two children as well as sewing, cooking, target shooting, and watching college football.
- Bill Jenkins, Crime Watch Coordinator. Bill has lived in Irving for 44 of his 47 years, 31 years in south Irving and now 13 years living at Nichols Park with his wife Lisa. In his spare time he enjoys playing golf and tennis and volunteering on the board of Nichols Park.
- Debra Howard, Special Projects
- Kimberly Becerra, Special Projects. Kimberly is a stay-at-home mom and life-long Irving resident. She enjoys being at home with her husband Paul and their 2 boys, volunteering at her sons’ schools, and cooking. She has lived in the Nichols Park area for just over a year
- Darin Furbush-Events
- Brenda Wren, Events. Brenda was born and raised in Irving and has lived in the Nichols Park area for 14 yrs. She and her husband have been married for 25 wonderful years. They have a beautiful daughter who is newly married and is currently a registered nurse. Brenda has operated an in-home daycare for 23 years. Her and her husband enjoy boating, camping, and lounging around at the pool and spending time with their family, friends and their three dogs.